Friday, April 15, 2011

Updates and stories

     My first week home from the hospital is done.  When I first came home no matter what I did, it hurt.  I had zero control over my left leg and could barely do anything.  The first weekend was rough.  I had a few breakdowns from being almost completely helpless and overwhelmed.  To go from working 40 hours a week and walking the majority of that time, to not even be able to sit up in bed let alone get out of bed, is extremely hard to deal with. But after having some good talks with my Mom I decided to just take things one day at a time and focus on what I could control, my right leg and my arms. So I've started physical therapy to help me get my right leg and arms stronger.  Although I'm not able to walk, I can hop around for short distances using my walker. The stronger my right leg and arms are the easier it will be using the walker, so I'm not always stuck in my wheelchair or bed.  Each day I'm getting a little stronger which gives me more confidence.


In other news..........

     Earlier this week my mom had gotten me up and I was eating breakfast at the table in my wheelchair.  She went upstairs to change and Max(the dog) stayed downstairs with me.  The rule is he is NOT to be on the couch and he is well aware of it.  As soon as Mom went upstairs he jumps up on the couch.  I immediately tell him no and that he needs to get down.  The little shit looks right at me and proceeds to curl himself into a little ball and lay on the couch.  Little shit knows I can't get up to punish him and he is taking advantage of it! That rotten scoundrel.


     My brother Tj, his girlfriend Heather, and my nieces have been coming over to shower and do laundry each night because their pipe burst and they no longer have any water.  We've started watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy together and try to get the correct answer first.  Final Jeopardy came around and the category was U.S. Presidents and Baseball.  Without even seeing the clue, he yells out Richard Nixon. He ended up being right! How he did that I have no idea. 

     I've had lots of visitors. Amanda and Ashley came over on Sunday and brought food.  Enchiladas, queso, chicken tortilla soup oh my!  It was so yummy!  My sister and the baby came over, my mom's man Jim came over and has brought me dinner and lunch a few times. My dad has come over and brought me lunch and spent the day with me.  Grandma finally got out of rehab so Grandpa and Aunt Vicki brought her over to visit.  She looked so good and it was great to see her.  My cousin Julie was in town from Ohio to run the Susan G Komen for the Cure. She is a breast cancer survivor and is one of the most awesome people to meet.  She, her mother(also a survivor) and son Mikey stopped by to visit.  Then later on that day my girl Laura came over to sit with me while my mom went to dance class with her man.  So I've been keeping busy with visits from friends and family.

Tonight we are going to rent a movie and order pizza.  I'm excited for that and pizza sounds really good.  Anyways that's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment