Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh Happy Day

For the first time since before my surgery I actually wore jeans and makeup this weekend!  Since I never go anywhere I don't bother with makeup.  I have only been wearing comfy pants because of my foot long incision so I decided to put on some jeans and makeup to go to my nieces birthday party.  My niece Trinity picked out my shirt and then her and Alexis watched me closely as I put on my makeup.  We went to Incredible Pizza to celebrate Alexis' birthday.  It was great to get out and be all made up.  Everyone had a great time and when we got home as Alexis went upstairs she stopped and said "Quimby, you look so cute today!".  It was the sweetest thing and made my day.  On Easter, I got all made up and went to my Aunt Peggy's for Easter with my entire family.  It was great to get out this weekend and feel good about myself.    Max's birthday was yesterday. He is 3 years old now! He received a new rawhide and a new rope to play with. I also watched Due Date Saturday night with Jason. It was pretty funny. 
















Plus I took a lot of pictures with my camera and will probably get them printed out so I can scrapbook with them.  One of the many things on my list of To Do's. To keep busy I've read 3 books so far.  I'm also getting started on scrapbooking again.  I'm hoping to work on learning more French and maybe Spanish.  Anything to keep me busy and maybe do things I've been wanting to work on but haven't had time to do when I was working.  Plus I need to get back into planning the wedding.  All the big decisions are made but now it's just needing to get the little things done.  I should never get bored with all these things to do but it still happens.

Although this whole situation hasn't been the easiest to get through, I couldn't get through it without my friends and family.  I've always tried to be as independent as possible. I hate having to ask people for help.  Now I have no choice.  I'm not able to do a whole lot for myself so I have to depend on others.  My family has been great.  My mom and fiancee Jason are my main caretakers.  But when they need some time for themselves I have family and friends that we can count on to come over and stay with me.  I just want to say thank you to everyone that has helped us out, sent cards, well wishes, and have said prayers for me.  Hopefully it won't be much longer before my hip is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment