Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Duh, you can't park here!

It always bothers me when I see a vehicle parked in a handicap spot with no handicap sticker.  I always want to leave a note on their windshield telling them they are spineless and should be ashamed of themselves.  Another thing that always baffles me is when a person with a handicap sticker decides to park in the diagonal blue lines which is obviously not a parking spot.  Those diagonal blue lines are for the people who are handicapped to park beside them so that they have enough room to get their wheelchair/walker/scooter out of their vehicle.  Guess what happens when you park on those diagonal blue lines?  You guessed it! You make it extremely difficult for the handicapped to get back in their vehicle.  This situation bothers me even more than the other because if you are handicapped you should know how difficult it can be to get in and out of your vehicle.  Why would you make it even more difficult for someone else that's in the same boat as you?  This all came to mind when my mom and I went to Target yesterday.  I have to use my walker to get out of the car and get turned around so that I can sit in my wheelchair.  I need lots of space on the passenger side for the walker and wheelchair.  Thankfully I had plenty of room to get back in the truck when we left.  I just might start carrying post-it notes in my purse or better yet copies of this blog to leave on the windshields of the guilty.

1 comment:

  1. If you want, I have some couponettes for a free punch to the face you can leave on their windshield too. I hate when people do that, makes me want to damage their car. I know that's mean. But you don't mess with Quimby!!!

    ReplyDelete