Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Human Again

Unfortunately my house does not have a shower on the first floor.  Since I'm only able to use one leg I cannot go up a flight of stairs. That poses an issue. So I've been taking sponge baths and having my hair washed in the kitchen sink.  It gets the job done but who doesn't love getting in the shower just to have hot water hitting your body.  So this Sunday, I went to my mom's boyfriends house.  He has a walk in shower on the first floor.  With the help of my mom and a newly bought shower seat I was able to take a REAL shower!  I can't tell you how great it felt!  I had a hard time tearing myself away from it.  Once I got out and finished getting dressed I felt like a human being again.  It was great.  Sometimes it's the small things you take for granted that make you feel like a real person and re energize you. 

So I've had one of my last physical therapy sessions.  They feel I'm doing all I can with what I have for now.  Since I'm not allowed to exercise my left leg there is not much else they can do except exercise my good (right) leg.  With all that done now, they are discharging me until after my next surgery.  Then I'll be able to save the majority of my 40 therapy visits for afterwards when they will really benefit me. Once I get my new hip they are going restart therapy and hopefully I'll be able to work on getting my left leg stronger.  Although I'm not sure what all they'll have me do for my left leg because I won't be able to put any weight on my leg for 3 months.

I'm thinking of getting my scrapbook stuff out and start to work on it again.  I used to buy all this scrapbook stuff and then I never had any time to do it.  So I told myself I'm not allowed to buy anything else until I actually spend time working on it.  Fast forward to today where I have all the time in the world to work on it.  It will definitely keep me busy and it will be nice to get more of it put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment