Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Not feelin' so hot

I haven't been feeling so hot the past couple of days.  My stomach has been upset and nauseous.  The one thing I hate the most is when I'm hungry but feel like I'm going to get sick if I eat.  Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

Yesterday I had my stitches removed.  It was one continuous stitch with bows tied at each end.  Two snips and they pulled them out.  Very little pain (yay)!  I have therapy twice a week.  It's been going well.  Lots of stretching the muscles.  I've started working on moving my arm myself.  Lifting it straight up and out to the side.  I've been having trouble lifting it straight up.  It's a bit difficult and causes some muscle pain.  It disappoints me that it's so hard to do.  I keep reminding myself that I did just have surgery 2 weeks ago.  Things aren't going to work perfectly afterwards.  That's why I have therapy.  Also my arm muscles haven't worked right for about 5 years so it's going to take some time to build them back up.  I have made some progress though.  I am able to brush my teeth by myself and feed myself.  The more things I can do on my own the better it makes me feel.   I'm hoping to be back at work within 4 weeks.  I'm already bored and actually want to go back! 

On Saturday night I spent the evening at my house.  I've been living with my mom and Jim while I recuperate.  I had to leave my dog Max behind.  I've missed him so much!  I spent the evening with him and he was on my lap the whole night.  I invited my dad over to hang out for awhile and my nieces were there too.  We ate some Papa John's pizza which did not sit well with me. 

That's all I have for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment