Friday, February 22, 2013

Making progress

Almost 5 weeks after surgery!  I missed both therapy appointments last week.  I was sick one of the days and the other day my therapist was sick.  I worked extra hard at home to make sure I didn't lose any movement.  When I went back to therapy this week she was impressed with my progress.  She stretched my arm muscles even further and thinks I'm ready for muscle strengthening exercises.  So next week we are going to start using bands for resistance with my exercises.  Also, since they had to cut into part of my rotator cuff during surgery, I haven't been allowed to rotate my arm outward.  Next week I am going to start working on that movement.  Lots of hard work and pain but I'm looking forward to it.  I'm thinking within the next 3 -4 weeks I will be driving again and starting back to work.  Yipee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment