Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So close!

In less than a week I go back for my next checkup.  I am praying that he releases me to put all my weight on my leg.  I've been doing great!  I'm mainly on crutches now and only use the wheelchair for long distances.  I can do so much more by myself now than before.  The only thing I'm waiting on is my surgeon to give me permission to get rid of the crutches.  I have cheated a few times just to see how it feels to walk without using anything.  But only around the house and not often.  I certainly don't want to jeopardize the progress I've made since April.  I have even driven a few times.  Driving was the easy part but getting in and out of the car was the hard part.  So hopefully I will get some more good news next week and I'll be on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment