Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm almost back!

It's time!  Time to return the wheelchair, put the walker and crutches back in the attic, and return my grandpa's TV tray.:) I've been getting stronger and stronger.  I'm able to go up a flight of stairs (with assistance) and for the first time since April I was able to take a shower upstairs! Goodbye sponge baths!  Although I can't get up or down the stairs by myself, I've come such a long way.  I'm doing well walking.  I still am a little shaky when I walk but I just need practice to keep my balance.   In about 2 1/2 weeks I'll be back at work.  I can't wait although I'm not excited about getting up at 4am again.  I've been driving also.  It's still hard to get in and out of my car but I know the more I do it the easier it will be.  I'm so happy to be getting back to "normal".  When I went on medical leave from work it felt like we had just gotten done with Christmas.  Now when I go back to work we will be getting ready for Christmas again!  Oh how time flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment