Sunday, April 14, 2013

First 2 weeks

I've been back at work for 2 weeks now.  I was super excited to get back to work and decided to jump back into it full time.  HUGE mistake!  The first week of work went horribly.  My legs and feet were in so much pain I almost left work early one day.  It also had me thinking of going on disability because I thought my body had done all it could.  However, after a weekend of rest I was ready to tackle another week of work.  MUCH better this time around!  I decided to slow myself down and ask for help when I needed it.  Thankfully I work with some amazing people who help me when I ask for it and even come to my aid when they see me struggling.  It feels good to get back to life.  I'm still in therapy twice a week for my shoulder.  Although I've made good progress I've hit a plateau when it comes to lifting my arm.  I just can't lift my arm all the way up.  Also, the tendons/muscles make popping noises once it hits a certain point.  The surgeon is going to sit in on a therapy session this Monday.  Hopefully she'll figure out a way to (painlessly) relax my shoulder muscles so I can get more movement.  At the moment we are focused on stretching my arm muscles.  Basically, it consists of me lying on a table and having my therapist force my arm up.  Is it painful you ask? Ummmmm....yes!  I'll try to keep everyone updated on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment